Germany lowers economic growth forecast for 2015
In August, Germany’s exports recorded the steepest decline seen since January 2009, plunging by 5.2% from a month earlier. The country’s industrial production also fell at its fastest pace in a year in August, declining by 1.2% following an upwardly revised increase of 1.2% in July. Some analysts read the latest figures as a sign that the German economy may be more vulnerable than previously suspected to weakening global trade.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers