Germany posts record high trade surplus in 2014
Germany’s exports and imports also posted record high levels in 2014, rising by 3.7% to €1,134 billion and 2% to €916.5 billion, respectively. Meanwhile, the country’s current account surplus increased to €215.3 billion in 2014 compared with €189.2 billion in 2013.
In December, exports rose 3.4% month over month after decreasing 2.2% in the previous month while imports fell 0.8% following a gain of 1.2% in November. On a yearly basis, exports rose 10% while imports climbed 4% in December.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets