Germany’s BASF announces financial results for Q2
BASF’s second quarter operating earnings before special effects expanded 2% to reach €2 billion ($2.2 billion) from the same quarter of 2014. Revenue, meanwhile, posted an increase of 3% year over year to €19.1 billion ($20.9 billion) in the second quarter. In addition, bottom line profit stayed stable on the year at €1.27 billion ($1.39 billion).
The company reportedly stated that improvements in their profitability were mostly due to growth in the Functional Materials & Solutions division as well as catering for the building industry.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers