Germany’s BASF restarts Ludwigshafen cracker after turnaorund
The company’s Ludwigshafen site houses two crackers with a combined production capacity of 660,000 tons/year.
In Europe, spot ethylene prices have retreated around €30-35/ton week over week to be quoted at €965/ton FD NWE. Although spot ethylene prices are still above the initial October levels by around €60/ton, market players are mostly expecting November ethylene contracts to settle with significant decreases of €50-100/ton in the face of weaker spot naphtha prices. According to some players, cracker restarts may also soften the ethylene sentiment in the coming days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand