Germany’s BASF to invest in Iran’s petchem industry
The Managing Director of NPC, Abbas Sheri Moqaddam, also reported that Iran targets to increase its petrochemical production to 70 million tons during the next Iranian calendar year which starts on March 20, 2016. The country is also expected to attract about $70 billion in petrochemical investments by 2025. So far, several countries including France, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, South Korea and Japan have stated their willingness to participate in Iran’s petrochemical sector during the post-sanctions period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Activity pick-up sends Asian spot C3 market into recovery mode
- Total polymer imports to EU28 hit record high in 2019
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak