Germany’s Evonik to shut butadiene units
Both units are reportedly expected to be offline in January for 10-12 days while the exact date of the shutdown is not confirmed by the company, sources said.
The Marl unit can produce 220,000 tons/year of butadiene while its Antwerp increased its butadiene capacity by 100,000 tons/year last year.
The shutdown news followed the increase in spot butadiene prices in Europe by €200/ton on a weekly basis to €1730/ton FD NWE.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market