Germany’s Evonik to shut butadiene units
Both units are reportedly expected to be offline in January for 10-12 days while the exact date of the shutdown is not confirmed by the company, sources said.
The Marl unit can produce 220,000 tons/year of butadiene while its Antwerp increased its butadiene capacity by 100,000 tons/year last year.
The shutdown news followed the increase in spot butadiene prices in Europe by €200/ton on a weekly basis to €1730/ton FD NWE.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December