Germany's Thyssenkrupp to build two PET plants for SASA in Turkey
Accordingly, the German company is planning to build a PET unit with a 380,000 tons/year capacity. The other unit will be able to produce 216,000 tons/year of PET resin. The company is expected to use its subsidiary Uhde Inventa-Fischer’s patented MTR technology in the second plant.
The companies did not reveal the details about the amount of the investment or a date about the completion of the construction and the start-up of the plants.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s local PP market retreats from 2-month high
- Vietnam PE market sees further supply-driven hikes, particularly for LLDPE
- Global oil prices trade under pressure of Delta variant
- China’s import PVC market rebounds from 5-month low
- Firming in China PE market stronger than PP since mid-June
- Asian ethylene, propylene falter on bearish crude and oversupply
- Oil plunge weighs on PET bottle sentiment in Asia, Europe
- ABS reverses losses after 8 weeks in Asia; will upturn be sustainable?
- Import delays support European PP suppliers in July
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand