Germany’s economic growth accelerates in Q1
Destatis reported that Germany’s construction investment rose 2.3% in the first quarter from the previous three months while investment in machinery and equipment also climbed 1.9%. The country’s public consumption moved higher 0.5% on the quarter while household consumption grew 0.4% on the quarter in the January-March period on the back of low energy prices and a strong labor market.
However, some economists reported that the German economy may be unable to maintain its pace of growth in the second quarter as strong first quarter data was partly due to mild winter weather boosting construction activity in the first quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East