Germany’s exports sharply decline in August
The latest data showed that weak economics in Germany’s main export destinations, especially in China and developing countries, hurt the country’s exports and lower exports are being taken by some analysts as a sign that the German economy may be more vulnerable than previously suspected to weakening global trade.
According to separate data, factory orders from countries outside the 19-nation euro region declined more than 13% in the July-August period.
The Economy Ministry also reported that the country’s industrial production fell at its fastest pace in a year in August, declining by 1.2% following an upwardly revised increase of 1.2% in July.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops