Germany’s factory orders fall for 2nd straight month in Jan
The decrease was attributed to weakness in the global economy and struggling exports due to slow demand from emerging markets. However, the Ministry also reported that export orders gained 1% in January on the back of a 7.5% increase in orders from the rest of the euro area. Orders for investment goods rose 1.7% while orders for consumer goods climbed 3.9%. Domestic orders and orders for basic goods fell 1.6% and 4%, respectively, in January.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September