Germany’s factory orders top estimates in August
The data also revealed that new orders from the euro zone increased 4.1% on a monthly basis, while new orders from other nations decreased 2.8% from July. Meanwhile, consumer-goods orders from the eurozone rose 2.9 % in August. Orders for domestic investment goods also climbed 2.6% from a month earlier.
Plus, the price-adjusted turnover in manufacturing rose 4.1 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis in August, posting the highest increase since 1991.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand