Germany’s factory output rises in Oct, but misses estimates
On a yearly basis, Germany’s industrial production was up 0.8% in October. Consumer goods output rose 0.5% while production of investment goods fell 0.4%. The country’s manufacturing increased 0.2% while energy production was down 1.1% in October. Analysts suggested that the country’s industrial production may have stabilized after the manufacturing and construction posted weaker results throughout the summer months.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets