Germany’s industrial output increased 2.5%
The data shows that manufacturing output rose 3.3% in August. Meanwhile, investment-goods, consumer goods end energy output also rose by 4.7%, 3.3%, and 1.1%, respectively while the construction output decreased 1.2% in August.
Despite the positive figures, the Bundesbank has softened the outlook expecting softer growth in the third quarter, and there are many concerns about the results of Brexit.
“With today’s data, the outlook for the third quarter all of a sudden looks much brighter,” chief economist at ING-Diba AG in Frankfurt, Carsten Brzeski said.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months