Germany’s industrial output increased 2.5%
The data shows that manufacturing output rose 3.3% in August. Meanwhile, investment-goods, consumer goods end energy output also rose by 4.7%, 3.3%, and 1.1%, respectively while the construction output decreased 1.2% in August.
Despite the positive figures, the Bundesbank has softened the outlook expecting softer growth in the third quarter, and there are many concerns about the results of Brexit.
“With today’s data, the outlook for the third quarter all of a sudden looks much brighter,” chief economist at ING-Diba AG in Frankfurt, Carsten Brzeski said.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS