Germany’s industrial output increased 2.5%
The data shows that manufacturing output rose 3.3% in August. Meanwhile, investment-goods, consumer goods end energy output also rose by 4.7%, 3.3%, and 1.1%, respectively while the construction output decreased 1.2% in August.
Despite the positive figures, the Bundesbank has softened the outlook expecting softer growth in the third quarter, and there are many concerns about the results of Brexit.
“With today’s data, the outlook for the third quarter all of a sudden looks much brighter,” chief economist at ING-Diba AG in Frankfurt, Carsten Brzeski said.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years