Germany’s industrial output sees biggest drop in nearly 2 years
In a survey by Reuters, initial forecasts on industrial output were calling for an increase of 0.7%, however, data from the Economy Ministry shows an opposite result, a 1.5% drop on a monthly basis.
Both construction output and energy output rose by 1.8% and 2.6% respectively, while manufacturing fell by 2.3%.
Companies still follow a wait and see approach on the back of the stagnant export markets around the world, according to a statement by the German Economy Ministry.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures