Germany’s industrial output unexpectedly falls 1.3% in March
Germany’s manufacturing output declined 1.2% while construction output and investment goods output also dropped 3.2% and 1.4%, respectively.
Data from Germany’s official statistics office Destatis showed that Germany’s exports rose 1.9% in March from a month earlier while imports declined 2.3%. Meanwhile, Germany’s trade surplus reached a record high of €23.6 billion ($26.9 billion) in March, indicating the highest trade surplus since August 1990.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019