Germany’s industrial production declines, exports rise in March
The country’s manufacturing output was also down 0.8% on the month because of a 1.4% decrease in capital goods production. Meanwhile, Germany’s construction output rose 2.1% on the month in March.
Meanwhile, according to a separate report released by the country’s official statistics office Destatis, Germany’s exports and imports beat expectations in March, increasing 1.2% and 2.4%, respectively, compared with February. Economists’ estimates called for increases of 0.4% for exports and 0.1% for imports.
The report also showed that the country’s adjusted trade surplus declined to €19.3 billion ($21.6 billion) in March from €20 billion ($22.4 billion) in the previous month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount