Germany’s retail sales post largest gain of 5 years in Oct
Data from Destatis showed that retail sales in Germany in October rose by 2.7% from September, posting the biggest monthly growth since June 2011 and surpassing the economists’ forecasts which called for an increase of 1%.
Meanwhile, German retail sales decreased by 1% year-on-year which was attributed to the absence of one shopping day in October 2016 when compared to 2015, data showed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines