Germany’s retail sales post largest gain of 5 years in Oct
Data from Destatis showed that retail sales in Germany in October rose by 2.7% from September, posting the biggest monthly growth since June 2011 and surpassing the economists’ forecasts which called for an increase of 1%.
Meanwhile, German retail sales decreased by 1% year-on-year which was attributed to the absence of one shopping day in October 2016 when compared to 2015, data showed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market