Germany’s retail sales post largest gain of 5 years in Oct
Data from Destatis showed that retail sales in Germany in October rose by 2.7% from September, posting the biggest monthly growth since June 2011 and surpassing the economists’ forecasts which called for an increase of 1%.
Meanwhile, German retail sales decreased by 1% year-on-year which was attributed to the absence of one shopping day in October 2016 when compared to 2015, data showed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?