Germany’s retail sales post unexpected decrease in August
Destatis’ data showed that retail sales rose 2.5% in August from a year earlier, posting the third successive increase after rising 3.8% in July. Retail sales for food products rose 3.9% on the year while sales for non-food products edged up 1.1% in August.
In the first eight months of the year, meanwhile, Germany’s retail sales expanded 2.8% when compared to the same period of 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months