Global PP, PE producer aims for higher prices in Turkey
“We lifted our list prices by around $30-40/ton on a weekly basis for homo PP grades and LDPE film given stronger sentiment in Asian markets. Demand from converters remains limited and we did not conclude any deals at those notional levels, except for some LDPE volumes. Nonetheless, we believe that the market will move up to those levels in July,” a source from the producer mentioned.
Inquiries improved this week, he noted, adding that they do not have any concerns about post-holiday demand since they may direct their materials to other alternative markets.
The producer’s list prices currently stand at $1020/ton for PP raffia, $1040/ton for PP fibre, $1040-1050/ton for BOPP, $1060/ton for PP non-woven, all on CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash. Their latest LDPE film offers are notionally up to $1190/ton with the same terms. “We could sell some amount at slightly below this level,” the source claimed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019