Global PP, PE producer aims for higher prices in Turkey
“We lifted our list prices by around $30-40/ton on a weekly basis for homo PP grades and LDPE film given stronger sentiment in Asian markets. Demand from converters remains limited and we did not conclude any deals at those notional levels, except for some LDPE volumes. Nonetheless, we believe that the market will move up to those levels in July,” a source from the producer mentioned.
Inquiries improved this week, he noted, adding that they do not have any concerns about post-holiday demand since they may direct their materials to other alternative markets.
The producer’s list prices currently stand at $1020/ton for PP raffia, $1040/ton for PP fibre, $1040-1050/ton for BOPP, $1060/ton for PP non-woven, all on CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash. Their latest LDPE film offers are notionally up to $1190/ton with the same terms. “We could sell some amount at slightly below this level,” the source claimed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion