Grupa Azoty’s subsidiary receives bids for new PDH unit
The company is expected to select the general contractor under a lump-sum turn-key contract in 2019, the media reported.
PDH Polska obtained Oleflex PP technology from the US-based UOP in 2015 and Unipol technology for PP production from Grace in 2018. The front end engineering design (FEED) works of the €984 million project were already completed in 2016 by Technip Italy.
The project comprises a PDH unit, a PP unit, a port with a storage tank depot, and auxiliary facilities and inter-unit connections, according to data from the company’s website. The PDH unit is expected to produce 400,000 tons/year of propylene, while the PP unit will have 400,000 tons/year capacity.
The construction work is scheduled to commence in late 2019 and end in late 2022.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm
- Türkiye witnesses plentiful PE offers amid globally weak demand
- India PP, PE markets’ slump extends into third month ahead of monsoon
- PP sellers trim May offers further, prices hit 3-month low in Europe