HDPE pipe prices defy firmer trend in Turkey
South Korean PE 100 prices retreated by $20-40/ton to $1260-1300/ton CIF for natural grade. “South Korean suppliers were sold out for July,” said a pipe maker.
As for black grade, two different origins from the Middle East were traded at $1240-1250/ton CIF, subject to 6.5% duty, cash. When compared to the initial offers made for these cargoes, they represent a decrease of $30/ton.
South and West European HDPE pipe 100 black cargoes were also offered at €1200-1210/ton ($1333-1344/ton) CIF Turkey, cash.
A trader attributed this divergence in trend to the fiercer competition in the pipe market. A buyer also pointed to the slowing number of infrastructure projects.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month