HDPE pipe prices defy firmer trend in Turkey
South Korean PE 100 prices retreated by $20-40/ton to $1260-1300/ton CIF for natural grade. “South Korean suppliers were sold out for July,” said a pipe maker.
As for black grade, two different origins from the Middle East were traded at $1240-1250/ton CIF, subject to 6.5% duty, cash. When compared to the initial offers made for these cargoes, they represent a decrease of $30/ton.
South and West European HDPE pipe 100 black cargoes were also offered at €1200-1210/ton ($1333-1344/ton) CIF Turkey, cash.
A trader attributed this divergence in trend to the fiercer competition in the pipe market. A buyer also pointed to the slowing number of infrastructure projects.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand