HDPE pipe prices defy firmer trend in Turkey
South Korean PE 100 prices retreated by $20-40/ton to $1260-1300/ton CIF for natural grade. “South Korean suppliers were sold out for July,” said a pipe maker.
As for black grade, two different origins from the Middle East were traded at $1240-1250/ton CIF, subject to 6.5% duty, cash. When compared to the initial offers made for these cargoes, they represent a decrease of $30/ton.
South and West European HDPE pipe 100 black cargoes were also offered at €1200-1210/ton ($1333-1344/ton) CIF Turkey, cash.
A trader attributed this divergence in trend to the fiercer competition in the pipe market. A buyer also pointed to the slowing number of infrastructure projects.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?