Haldia declares FM on all output from India
The reason behind the force majeure decision was cited as a technical glitch that occurred in a critical machinery.
Previously, players had reported shutdown at the HDPE/LLDPE swing line.
The company’ facility houses a 345,000 tons/year HDPE plant, a 365,000 tons/year HDPE/LLDPE swing plant, a 130,000 tons/year benzene unit and a 100,000 tons/year butadiene unit.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia