Halted import activities support ELEME’s hand in Nigeria
The trader reported that a Saudi producer maintained its September PE offers at $1240/ton for HDPE film, $1260/ton for LLDPEc4 film and at $1290/ton for LDPE film, all on a CFR Lagos, cash basis. He also added that they received September PP offers from an Indian supplier with declines of $20-30/ton from August at $1040/ton for homo PP raffia and injection with the same terms.
However, the local producer ELEME revised up its September PP and PE offers for the second half of the month after issuing their initial offers for the month with increases from August.
“Import business is still hampered by the exchange rate fluctuations as players prefer to meet their needs from the local market. The local producer ELEME is making use of this situation and has been raising its offers dramatically throughout the previous months. The producer has implemented significant hikes on their prices since the beginning of this year,” commented the trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets