Hefty hikes from Americas Styrenics for March PS offers
The company did not make any comments about the reasons for the increase. However, stronger upstream prices due to production issues as well as the outage at the St. James site moved PS prices up and caused tightness in US styrene market.
US spot styrene prices were last reported at around $1670/ton (76 cents/lb) on Monday, implying a weekly increase of $90/ton and an increase of more than $500/ton since the beginning of 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets