Hefty hikes from Americas Styrenics for March PS offers
The company did not make any comments about the reasons for the increase. However, stronger upstream prices due to production issues as well as the outage at the St. James site moved PS prices up and caused tightness in US styrene market.
US spot styrene prices were last reported at around $1670/ton (76 cents/lb) on Monday, implying a weekly increase of $90/ton and an increase of more than $500/ton since the beginning of 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia