Higher US PVC prices face resistance in global markets
To add to this, US PVC producer Shintech is planning to shut its PVC plant in Texas for a planned maintenance in March; however, the duration of the maintenance was not clear at the time of publication.
April prices are also expected to come with increases due to these factors, according to many distributors.
A large trader opined, “Demand is muted in Egypt and import inquiries are scarce as a result of the firming dollar parity and high offers. However, additional increases might be applicable in the light of improving demand in the US.”
A trader in Egypt reported offering on the high end for US k67 and added, “PVC offers are not negotiable despite thin buying interest.”
A distributor from Turkey said, “Even though offers on the high end of the k67 range are not working, we are standing firm as we think lower bids are not realistic given the fact that US sellers raised their March prices by $60/ton.”
Meanwhile, import offers in Europe mostly failed to attract interest as they are standing at the same level with the local market. “Supply is very limited this month and imports are priced above the market level,” said an Italian buyer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September