Hong Kong producer lowers HIPS prices to China
The source stated, “Although we are seeing better demand nowadays, we feel that this is not a real improvement as some buyers had to make purchases as their inventories were running out.”
For GPPS, the source reported concluding some deals at $1600-1620/ton CFR, cash, commenting, “We hear lower done deal levels for GPPS in the import market; however we are not planning to reduce our offers as we are still using styrene materials that we previously purchased at higher levels. We are running our GPPS line at low rates while our HIPS line is still offline and we may consider restarting it in November.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets