Hungarian Mol to restart Tiszaujvaros cracker
The plant has a production capacity of 250,000 tons/year of ethylene.
This delay has resulted in a force major declaration on the supply of HDPE and PP from its Tiszaujvaros site, according to players in Europe, although MOL sources did not confirm the news. This site can produce 420,000 tons/year of HDPE and 280,000 tons/year of PP.
Meanwhile, a member of the MOL group, Slovnaft shut its Bratislava cracker in mid-October and it is expected to resume operations by the end of November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?