Hungarian Mol to restart Tiszaujvaros cracker
The plant has a production capacity of 250,000 tons/year of ethylene.
This delay has resulted in a force major declaration on the supply of HDPE and PP from its Tiszaujvaros site, according to players in Europe, although MOL sources did not confirm the news. This site can produce 420,000 tons/year of HDPE and 280,000 tons/year of PP.
Meanwhile, a member of the MOL group, Slovnaft shut its Bratislava cracker in mid-October and it is expected to resume operations by the end of November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months