Hungarian TVK’s profit increases 87% in Q3
TVK’s net sales decreased £303.9 million from €341.6 million in the previous year, down 11% on a yearly basis while EBITDA rose 24.3% year over year to reach €32.2 million in the third quarter. The company’s production decreased 11.1% year over year to 273,000 tons/year in Q3 due to several maintenance projects while polymer production retreated 6.3% on a yearly basis to 165,000 tons, however it represented an increase of 10% from the previous quarter. The company’s output of olefins products also fell 16.9% to reach 108,000 tons from 130,000 tons in the same period of 2013.
TVK is able to produce 660,000 tons/year of olefins, 420,000 tons/year of HDPE, 280,000 tons/year of PP and 65,000 tons/year of LDPE. The company is also building a 130,000 tons/year butadiene plant which is expected to be online in the second quarter of 2015.
The company said it expects to raise profits in the fourth quarter as it concentrates on improving its capacity utilization rate noting that as of early November, average production and sales are already higher than those of Q3.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets