IMF: Turkey’s economy to grow by 6% in 2021
In the report, the IMF stated that the recent interventions in monetary policy paved the way for a recovery in the economy, but it exacerbated the existing vulnerabilities and made the economy more fragile to internal and external risks.
The IMF emphasized the need for a credible and detailed plan for fiscal consolidation to maintain the current tight monetary policy and the recovery of the economy in the medium term.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May