IMF foresees moderate economic growth for Malaysia in 2015
The Malaysian government will introduce the GST in Malaysia at a rate of 6% as of April 1, 2015, which is reportedly the lowest rate in the region, followed by Singapore and Thailand. The IMF reported that gradually raising the rate would help Malaysia reduce its fiscal dependence on hydrocarbons and balance the budget.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness