IMF in talks to remove barriers on Iranian banks
Lagarde indicated that there are still some barriers on Iranian banks and that this situation creates an obstacle for them to cooperate with international banks. Lagarde was speaking on the sidelines of the annual World Bank summit held in Washington DC and with the participation of Iran’s Economy Minister Ali Tayebnia.
“Proposals for cooperation will be made to Iran over various areas like training and exchange of experience and technical knowledge with other states,” she said.
Meanwhile, Tayebnia stated that structural and infrastructural reforms have been launched within the scope of Resistance Economy, an economic roadmap set up by the Iranian government.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem