IMF in talks to remove barriers on Iranian banks
Lagarde indicated that there are still some barriers on Iranian banks and that this situation creates an obstacle for them to cooperate with international banks. Lagarde was speaking on the sidelines of the annual World Bank summit held in Washington DC and with the participation of Iran’s Economy Minister Ali Tayebnia.
“Proposals for cooperation will be made to Iran over various areas like training and exchange of experience and technical knowledge with other states,” she said.
Meanwhile, Tayebnia stated that structural and infrastructural reforms have been launched within the scope of Resistance Economy, an economic roadmap set up by the Iranian government.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China