INEOS completes acquisition of BP’s global aromatics business
The acquisition consists of BP’s 15 sites across the globe including five sites in the Americas, two in Europe and eight in Asia as well as 10 leading joint ventures. The business will now be known as INEOS Acetyls and INEOS Aromatics.
Jim Ratcliffe, founder and chairman of INEOS said, “We are delighted to have been able to acquire these top-class businesses from BP, extending our position in global petrochemicals and providing good scope for expansion and integration with our existing business.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm
- Türkiye witnesses plentiful PE offers amid globally weak demand
- India PP, PE markets’ slump extends into third month ahead of monsoon