INEOS prepares Grangemouth complex for shale imports
INEOS reported that the Grangemouth complex, which houses Europe’s biggest shale gas storage terminal, is now able to receive shale gas and operate at full rates following the completion of trial runs.
On March 23, INEOS’ first shale gas-based ethane shipment from the US arrived at its cracker in Rafnes, Norway. This was the first shipment of US ethane to Europe. The carrier carrying 27,500 cubic meters of ethane gas had been shipped out of the US on March 9.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand