INEOS prepares Grangemouth complex for shale imports
INEOS reported that the Grangemouth complex, which houses Europe’s biggest shale gas storage terminal, is now able to receive shale gas and operate at full rates following the completion of trial runs.
On March 23, INEOS’ first shale gas-based ethane shipment from the US arrived at its cracker in Rafnes, Norway. This was the first shipment of US ethane to Europe. The carrier carrying 27,500 cubic meters of ethane gas had been shipped out of the US on March 9.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Softer expectations take hold of Europe’s PE market for November
- Asia PS, ABS markets under pressure from multi-year low styrene
- US PE exports to continue to dominate Q4 market outlook
- Taiwanese major sells out Nov PVC quota to India ahead of Diwali
- Will Asian spot ethylene markets pull back from 10-year lows?
- October hikes prove short-lived in Europe’s PP market
- Firming PE trend stumbles, medium-term expectations stifled in Turkey
- PET prices fail to rebound from near 3-year low in Asia, Europe
- African PP, PE markets start Q4 in limbo amid varying pricing policies
- Will Taiwanese major roll over November PVC offers?