INEOS prepares Grangemouth complex for shale imports
INEOS reported that the Grangemouth complex, which houses Europe’s biggest shale gas storage terminal, is now able to receive shale gas and operate at full rates following the completion of trial runs.
On March 23, INEOS’ first shale gas-based ethane shipment from the US arrived at its cracker in Rafnes, Norway. This was the first shipment of US ethane to Europe. The carrier carrying 27,500 cubic meters of ethane gas had been shipped out of the US on March 9.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops