INEOS shuts its PP plant in Geel, Belgium
Previously, INEOS had declared a force majeure on its PP and HDPE output from its facility in Lavera, France due to a fire that occurred at the cracker at the facility on May 17. The company’s Lavera PP plant is able to produce 300,000 tons/year while the cracker, operated by Naphthachimie, a joint venture between Ineos and Total, has an ethylene production capacity of 740,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s PE, PP markets remain strong despite softer sentiment in China
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike