INEOS to invest £640 million in shale gas exploration
The company is reportedly building Europe’s largest shale gas import facility to feed its petrochemicals plant at Grangemouth. "I believe shale gas could revolutionise UK manufacturing and I know Ineos has the resources to make it happen, the skills to extract the gas safely and the vision to realise that everyone must share in the rewards," said Ineos boss Jim Ratcliffe.
Meanwhile, the company already has two other licenses comprising over 120,000 acres in the UK while the company is also investing £400 million on a project to bring US shale gas to Grangemouth. The company announced that 6% of the revenues from its shale gas production in the UK will be given to local homeowners and landowners.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons