INEOS to launch a range of new R-PE grades
Together with Forever Plast, INEOS said they have developed a range of new PE grades made with 50% recycled bottle caps diverted from waste.
The new range of recycled PE grades mirror INEOS’ virgin grades and perfectly fit injection moulding and compression moulding machines, the company said in the press release.
INEOS said they expect 6.5 billion bottle caps to be diverted from the waste stream for recycling over the next five years.
“For a while PET bottles have been increasingly recycled but this is one of the first circular developments to tackle the caps,” Iain Hogan, CEO of INEOS Olefins and Polymers said.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PS, EPS markets retain uptrend on low availability
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe