IPPR: Italy’s recycled plastics consumption up in 2019
Post-consumer waste remained as the main source of secondary raw materials with a large share of 71% against 29% of post-industrial waste. The Italian plastics industry confirmed being a net importer of industrial waste (post-industrial) in 2019, particularly for polyolefins.
Polyethylene grades consisted of recycled materials the most, comprising 30% of the total recycled volumes. PE was followed by polypropylene (27%), PET (20%), PVC (7%), PS and EPS (6%) and mixed fractions (9%).
HDPE and PET showed the most remarkable growth in line with the development of rigid packaging applications, meanwhile.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PS, EPS markets retain uptrend on low availability
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe