Idemitsu Kosan to acquire 33.24% stake in Shell’s refinery
Shell will retain a 1.8% stake in the refinery while Idemitsu Kosan reportedly will continue discussions on a merger. Saudi Arabia’s Saudi Aramco also owns about a 15% stake in Showa Shell.
Shell’s move to sell most of its stakes in the refinery in line with the company’s recent efforts to cut its spending in order to cope with lower oil prices. As part of these efforts, Shell also will cut 6,500 jobs this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets