Idemitsu Kosan to acquire 33.24% stake in Shell’s refinery
Shell will retain a 1.8% stake in the refinery while Idemitsu Kosan reportedly will continue discussions on a merger. Saudi Arabia’s Saudi Aramco also owns about a 15% stake in Showa Shell.
Shell’s move to sell most of its stakes in the refinery in line with the company’s recent efforts to cut its spending in order to cope with lower oil prices. As part of these efforts, Shell also will cut 6,500 jobs this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe
- Tightness keeps European PVC firm; projections for Sept voiced