Idemitsu Kosan to acquire 33.24% stake in Shell’s refinery
Shell will retain a 1.8% stake in the refinery while Idemitsu Kosan reportedly will continue discussions on a merger. Saudi Arabia’s Saudi Aramco also owns about a 15% stake in Showa Shell.
Shell’s move to sell most of its stakes in the refinery in line with the company’s recent efforts to cut its spending in order to cope with lower oil prices. As part of these efforts, Shell also will cut 6,500 jobs this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?