Idemitsu Kosan to acquire 33.24% stake in Shell’s refinery
Shell will retain a 1.8% stake in the refinery while Idemitsu Kosan reportedly will continue discussions on a merger. Saudi Arabia’s Saudi Aramco also owns about a 15% stake in Showa Shell.
Shell’s move to sell most of its stakes in the refinery in line with the company’s recent efforts to cut its spending in order to cope with lower oil prices. As part of these efforts, Shell also will cut 6,500 jobs this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs