Import ABS prices break above $2000/ton threshold in China
Import ABS prices broke above the $2000/ton threshold for the first time since October 2014, with a Taiwanese producer implementing a visible increase of $150/ton on their offers following the end of the holiday. The producer’s new offers stand at $2060/ton CIF China, cash.
A trader based in China attributed the producer’s hike decision to their limited allocation for ABS as well as firming styrene prices.
Spot styrene prices on an FOB South Korea basis surged by around $155/ton on a weekly basis to be quoted at $1550/ton at the end of last week. Meanwhile, spot butadiene prices were unchanged from a week earlier at $3070/ton CFR China.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe