Import ABS prices gain ground in Vietnam
A trader stated that they have implemented an increase of $50/ton on their import ABS offers for South Korean origins, bringing their new prices to $1530/ton CIF, cash. He said, “We adjusted our prices upward on the back of firmer styrene costs as well as better demand as buyers are replenishing some stocks before prices increase further.”
A second trader also reported that they raised their ABS prices twice in the previous week due to higher crude oil prices. The trader’s ABS prices for South Korean origins are currently standing at $1540-1550/ton CIF, cash. The seller commented, “Trading activities have revived a bit in line with firmer upstream markets.”
Import ABS prices currently stand at $1520-1550/ton CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market