Import ABS prices witness new round of hikes in Turkey
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
A Taiwanese ABS maker raised its prices by another $60/ton on the top of its initial $80/ton hike for December. The producer’s recent offers stood at $1660/ton for ABS natural and $1810/ton for ABS white, CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
Considering the recent Taiwanese ABS inj. offers at $1690-1700/ton CFR China, the producer’s ABS natural price to Turkey still has significant room to go up. Indeed, Turkey’s import ABS market trades with around $145/ton discount to China, as can be seen from ChemOrbis Price Index Chart above.
A trader was offered $175/ton increases for South Korean natural and $50/ton for white and black grades for December. “We paid $150/ton hikes for natural which forced us to raise our locally-held offers this week,” the seller reported.
The overall South Korean ranges were last quoted at $1500-1550/ton for ABS natural, $1650-1750/ton for white and $1650/ton for black, CIF Turkey, cash no duty.
Spot styrene costs were up by around $10/ton on FOB Korea basis since December started, while butadiene costs with the same terms soared $120/ton.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months