Import ABS prices witness new round of hikes in Turkey
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
A Taiwanese ABS maker raised its prices by another $60/ton on the top of its initial $80/ton hike for December. The producer’s recent offers stood at $1660/ton for ABS natural and $1810/ton for ABS white, CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
Considering the recent Taiwanese ABS inj. offers at $1690-1700/ton CFR China, the producer’s ABS natural price to Turkey still has significant room to go up. Indeed, Turkey’s import ABS market trades with around $145/ton discount to China, as can be seen from ChemOrbis Price Index Chart above.
A trader was offered $175/ton increases for South Korean natural and $50/ton for white and black grades for December. “We paid $150/ton hikes for natural which forced us to raise our locally-held offers this week,” the seller reported.
The overall South Korean ranges were last quoted at $1500-1550/ton for ABS natural, $1650-1750/ton for white and $1650/ton for black, CIF Turkey, cash no duty.
Spot styrene costs were up by around $10/ton on FOB Korea basis since December started, while butadiene costs with the same terms soared $120/ton.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends
- Asian PP, PE markets to start 2022 on a bearish note
- PET bottle prices rise 40% in 2021 across Asia
- Egypt’s PVC markets set to end 2021 on weaker footing