Import Asian ABS prices see correction in Turkey
A Taiwanese producer issued a $25/ton discount on their prices, bringing their recent levels to $1675/ton for ABS natural and $1825/ton for ABS white, CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
“Our South Korean supplier revised their initial June ABS natural and white offers to $1780/ton and $2150/ton, respectively, all on CIF Turkey, cash no duty basis. These levels indicate drops of $20/ton for natural and $50/ton for white,” a trader commented.
Notable weekly gains in spot styrene and butadiene costs in Asia, which caused a recovery in ABS prices in China late last week, may keep further drops in check next week, according to some players. On the other hand, trading activity is not likely to show a major pick-up any time soon amidst sufficient supplies and the approaching Ramadan.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem