Import Asian ABS prices see correction in Turkey
A Taiwanese producer issued a $25/ton discount on their prices, bringing their recent levels to $1675/ton for ABS natural and $1825/ton for ABS white, CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
“Our South Korean supplier revised their initial June ABS natural and white offers to $1780/ton and $2150/ton, respectively, all on CIF Turkey, cash no duty basis. These levels indicate drops of $20/ton for natural and $50/ton for white,” a trader commented.
Notable weekly gains in spot styrene and butadiene costs in Asia, which caused a recovery in ABS prices in China late last week, may keep further drops in check next week, according to some players. On the other hand, trading activity is not likely to show a major pick-up any time soon amidst sufficient supplies and the approaching Ramadan.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa