Import HDPE film prices drop below $1100/ton in Indonesia
A trader operating in Jakarta reported offering Saudi Arabian HDPE film at $1080/ton on a CIF Indonesia, cash basis. He commented, “Demand remains quite weak while high stock levels are also exerting pressure on the market. We think that the current market levels are still negotiable.”
In Indonesia, overall import HDPE film prices are currently reported at $1080-1170/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis. Meanwhile, import LLDPE film prices also moved below the $1100/ton CIF threshold in Southeast Asia last week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?