Import LDPE, HDPE prices fall below $1100/ton in China
Following the recent downward movements, import LDPE and HDPE prices declined below the $1100/ton CIF threshold while import offers for LLDPE film had already dropped below this level.
A trader operating in Shanghai reported that he received offers for Brazilian LDPE film at $1100/ton on a CIF, 90 days basis. This level comes to around $1084/ton when adjusted to cash equivalent basis. The trader was also offered Middle Eastern HDPE film at $1100/ton with the same terms.
In China, import PE prices are currently reported at $1084-1163/ton for LDPE film, at $1034-1110/ton for LLDPE film and at $1084-1148/ton for HDPE film, all on a CIF, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge