Import LDPE, HDPE prices fall below $1100/ton in China
Following the recent downward movements, import LDPE and HDPE prices declined below the $1100/ton CIF threshold while import offers for LLDPE film had already dropped below this level.
A trader operating in Shanghai reported that he received offers for Brazilian LDPE film at $1100/ton on a CIF, 90 days basis. This level comes to around $1084/ton when adjusted to cash equivalent basis. The trader was also offered Middle Eastern HDPE film at $1100/ton with the same terms.
In China, import PE prices are currently reported at $1084-1163/ton for LDPE film, at $1034-1110/ton for LLDPE film and at $1084-1148/ton for HDPE film, all on a CIF, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic