Import LDPE and HDPE trade almost at par in Turkey
The main reason behind the narrowing gap has been tight prompt supplies for HDPE grades, which pushed import HDPE film prices to the highest levels in three months, according to the weekly average data from ChemOrbis Price Index. Nonetheless, the lack of supply concerns and muted buying interest kept increases in check for LDPE.
A buyer highlighted, “LDPE supply is comfortable both in the import and domestic markets amidst moderate demand. We received rollovers from our Mid-Eastern suppliers for January while they were open to give small discounts in case we were to place firm bids. However, HDPE film and b/m have been on a bullish trend as Uzbek, Iranian and Korean sources kept their allocations to Turkey limited during the last months. Therefore, LDPE lost premium over HDPE gradually over the weeks.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS