Import LDPE film offers at/above $1400/ton disappear in China
A few players commented that LDPE film prices were corrected downwards since they had increased too much in the last couple of months. “Buyers refrain from replenishing their stocks at the current levels which they find too high to be accepted,” they stated.
The overall range for import LDPE film prices was quoted at $1320-1370/ton on a CIF China, cash equivalent basis.
A trader noted, “Demand for import LDPE film is softer compared to last week and prices recorded downward movements as they had already increased too much previously. The recent drops are only corrections and we aren’t expecting to see any major losses in prices.”
Another trader also added, “We heard LDPE film offers from the US are available at $1220/ton CIF, cash. At this level, the offer is attractive; however we don’t expect the market to remain firm after the Chinese New Year holiday as there will be new LDPE capacity coming on stream in China.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?