Import LDPE film offers at/above $1400/ton disappear in China
A few players commented that LDPE film prices were corrected downwards since they had increased too much in the last couple of months. “Buyers refrain from replenishing their stocks at the current levels which they find too high to be accepted,” they stated.
The overall range for import LDPE film prices was quoted at $1320-1370/ton on a CIF China, cash equivalent basis.
A trader noted, “Demand for import LDPE film is softer compared to last week and prices recorded downward movements as they had already increased too much previously. The recent drops are only corrections and we aren’t expecting to see any major losses in prices.”
Another trader also added, “We heard LDPE film offers from the US are available at $1220/ton CIF, cash. At this level, the offer is attractive; however we don’t expect the market to remain firm after the Chinese New Year holiday as there will be new LDPE capacity coming on stream in China.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe