Import LDPE film offers at/above $1400/ton disappear in China
A few players commented that LDPE film prices were corrected downwards since they had increased too much in the last couple of months. “Buyers refrain from replenishing their stocks at the current levels which they find too high to be accepted,” they stated.
The overall range for import LDPE film prices was quoted at $1320-1370/ton on a CIF China, cash equivalent basis.
A trader noted, “Demand for import LDPE film is softer compared to last week and prices recorded downward movements as they had already increased too much previously. The recent drops are only corrections and we aren’t expecting to see any major losses in prices.”
Another trader also added, “We heard LDPE film offers from the US are available at $1220/ton CIF, cash. At this level, the offer is attractive; however we don’t expect the market to remain firm after the Chinese New Year holiday as there will be new LDPE capacity coming on stream in China.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude at multi-year highs contributes to a perfect storm in polymers
- An enduring challenge: Unprecedented times in PVC markets
- Saudi major opts for firm Oct pricing in both local and export polyolefin markets
- Coal prices hit record highs in China with knock-on effects for PP, PVC markets
- European PP players foresee stability for Oct despite higher propylene
- Vietnam PP prices propelled by bullish China market, improved demand outlook
- Asian PVC markets shaken by fresh round of sharp hikes; prices reach new highs
- Higher costs, rising demand carry import LDPE prices to a 5-month high in China
- SE Asian PP lifted by supportive supply-demand fundamentals
- European PVC loses premium over global markets; Oct calls for hikes