Import LDPE film offers at/above $1400/ton disappear in China
A few players commented that LDPE film prices were corrected downwards since they had increased too much in the last couple of months. “Buyers refrain from replenishing their stocks at the current levels which they find too high to be accepted,” they stated.
The overall range for import LDPE film prices was quoted at $1320-1370/ton on a CIF China, cash equivalent basis.
A trader noted, “Demand for import LDPE film is softer compared to last week and prices recorded downward movements as they had already increased too much previously. The recent drops are only corrections and we aren’t expecting to see any major losses in prices.”
Another trader also added, “We heard LDPE film offers from the US are available at $1220/ton CIF, cash. At this level, the offer is attractive; however we don’t expect the market to remain firm after the Chinese New Year holiday as there will be new LDPE capacity coming on stream in China.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high