Import LDPE film offers at/above $1400/ton disappear in China
A few players commented that LDPE film prices were corrected downwards since they had increased too much in the last couple of months. “Buyers refrain from replenishing their stocks at the current levels which they find too high to be accepted,” they stated.
The overall range for import LDPE film prices was quoted at $1320-1370/ton on a CIF China, cash equivalent basis.
A trader noted, “Demand for import LDPE film is softer compared to last week and prices recorded downward movements as they had already increased too much previously. The recent drops are only corrections and we aren’t expecting to see any major losses in prices.”
Another trader also added, “We heard LDPE film offers from the US are available at $1220/ton CIF, cash. At this level, the offer is attractive; however we don’t expect the market to remain firm after the Chinese New Year holiday as there will be new LDPE capacity coming on stream in China.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion