Import LLDPE and HDPE film break below a threshold in China
A trader concluded LLDPE film deals for an Iranian origin at $1080-1090/ton on CIF, cash basis while a bag manufacturer was offered Middle Eastern HDPE film at $1100/ton on CIF, 90 days deferred payment basis (around $1086/ton on cash terms).
The converter commented, “We feel that import PE prices are still not competitive at all as lower levels can be obtained in the local market. Demand remains quite weak in China.”
A few traders opined, “High stocks inside the country standing at around 900,000 tons and volatile futures are dampening the sentiment. Plus, the ongoing environmental inspections are limiting converters’ production volumes. The high season for manufacturing is about to come to an end.”
On a separate note, data from ChemOrbis Price Index suggests that import LLDPE film prices on weekly average basis have moved below HDPE film prices this week after being traded with a premium over HDPE film for more than ten months.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May